The HAB Coalition is a group of organizations who are independently active in their support for habilitative services and devices. The coalition coordinates, sustains and aggressively promotes a unified voice that has had, to date, a material impact on the contents of the federal guidance that states are using to make decisions involving EHB, particularly around habilitation benefits.
Most Recent Advocacy Efforts
April 28, 2021
- Letter to States: State Toolkit to Support States 2021 EHB Benchmark Plans. 15 HAB Coalition members signed on.
April 7, 2021
- Leter to HHS Secretary Becerra: HAB Coalition Letter to HHS Secretary Becerra. 25 HAB Coalition members signed on.
April 8, 2020
- Letter to States: Technical Assistance for States to Update the Design of Their Essential Health Benefits Packages for Rehabilitative and Habilitative Services and Devices – “EHB Toolkit”. 16 HAB Coalition members signed on.
March 2, 2020
- Leter to CMS: HAB Coalition Comment on 2021 Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters. 22 HAB Coalition members signed on.
May 6, 2019
- Letter to CMS: HAB Comment Letter on Sale of Insurance Across State Lines RFI. 20 HAB Coalition members signed on.
December 21, 2018
- Letter to CMS: HAB Comment Letter on Recent Updates to Guidance for Section 1332 Waivers, State Relief and Empowerment Waivers. HAB Steering Committee sign on.
April 11, 2018
- Letter to Heritage Foundation: The Value of Habilitation Services and Devices, 17 HAB Coalition members signed on.
March 6, 2018
- Letter to the Department of Health and Human Services: Public Comments on Association Health Plans and the Definition of “Employer” under Section 3(5) of ERISA (RIN 1210-AB85), Steering Committee Letter.